Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
With the Brewers bullpen hurting after a week, the Brewers did a roster shakeup to get a fresh arm. They sent Brent Suter to the minors, designated Damien Magnifico for assignment, and called up David Goforth to fill the 25-man and 40-man spot.
Sunday Sundries: Week 1 | eddiemathews, BCB
Looking back at the first week of the season.
Links from Other Sites
Aguilar unveils golden glove to go with hot bat | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Though the power is expected from Jesus Aguilar, he’s also been showing a good defensive glove in the field.
Brewers' Strikeouts: Surprising Reason for Concern | Tim Muma, Dairyland Express
Though the strikeout rates are high, it’s good that the Brewers are trying to put the ball in play so much.
Zach Davies trying to regain control | Todd Rosiak, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
After two starts, Zach Davies is still working to find his command. He’s reliant on his command for good results.
Projecting David Goforth | Justin Schultz, The First Out At Third
A look at what new bullpen addition David Goforth could do on the team.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 3-1
- Friday: Omaha 7, Colorado Springs 8
- Saturday: Omaha 2, Colorado Springs 11
- Sunday: Omaha 8, Colorado Springs 3
- Monday: Off Day
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 3-1
- Friday: Biloxi 5, Montgomery 3
- Saturday: Biloxi 2, Montgomery 1
- Sunday: Biloxi 1, Montgomery 6
- Monday: Biloxi @ Montgomery | 7:05 pm
Carolina Mudcats (A+) | 2-1
- Friday: Carolina 15, Frederick 11
- Saturday: Carolina 1, Frederick 5
- Sunday: Carolina 8, Frederick 0
- Monday: Carolina @ Wilmngton | 5:35 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 2-2
- Friday: Wisconsin 1, Quad Cities 2
- Saturday: Quad Cities 2, Wisconsin 3
- Sunday: Quad Cities 18, Wisconsin 11
- Monday: Burlington @ Wisconsin | 6:35 pm
Check out our daily prospect report for more information on minor league performances.
News and Notes
Brinson day to day with dislocated finger | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Top prospect Lewis Brinson is currently day-to-day after injuring his left pinky finger on a slide in the first game of the season.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend’s Games
Braves @ Pirates
- Friday: Braves 4, Pirates 5
- Saturday: Braves 4, Pirates 6
- Sunday: Braves 5, Pirates 6
Reds @ Cardinals
- Friday: Reds 2, Cardinals 0
- Saturday: Reds 4, Cardinals 10
- Sunday: Reds 8, Cardinals 0
- Reds (Brandon Finnegan) @ Pirates (Tyler Glasnow) | 6:05 pm
- Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) @ Nationals (Tanner Roark) | 6:05 pm
- Dodgers (Alex Wood) @ Cubs (Jon Lester) | 7:05 pm
The Brewers have the day off. They return to action tomorrow, beginning a nine-day road trip. It starts with a two-game series in Toronto.