Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Series Preview: St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers | Jaymes L, BCB
The Cardinals are in last place for the first time in a long time, and the Brewers have a chance to push them down even further.
BCB Tracking Poll - Results for Week 3 | aaronetc, BCB FanPost
The results are in from week 3 of the tracking poll.
Making Modern Baseball Better | Baseball Punditz, BCB FanPost
The game has been evolving for a while, and the rules need to evolve as well to account for some of these changes.
Stearns as a GM of the year candidate | Adambr2, BCB FanPost
At this point in the season, the acquisitions the Brewers have made are panning out well, which could make David Stearns an early GM of the year candidate.
Links from Other Sites
Shaw launches 458-foot homer vs. Cardinals | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Travis Shaw started the scoring last night, with a massive home run to right field that measured at 458 feet.
Sensational Thames returns home with HR | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Eric Thames also launched a home run yesterday, continuing his hot pace to start the season.
There has been no stopping 'Craig's Crushers' | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The home runs keep coming for the Brewers as they lead the league in home runs, as well as other offensive stats.
First Two Weeks: By the Numbers | Dylan Svoboda, BP Milwaukee
After just over two weeks into the season, here are some of the numbers that have defined the season so far.
Signing Shohei Otani | Noah Nofz, BP Milwaukee
Under the new rules, the Brewers have a significant chance to sign Shohei Otani, though several things will likely still need to fall into place for them.
Broxton’s Plate Discipline | Sean Roberts, BP Milwaukee
One of the reasons for Keon Broxton’s struggles so far this season is reduced plate discipline, and an improvement there could help his results.
Manny and the Jett | Colin Anderle, BP Milwaukee
Both Manny Pina and Jett Bandy have got an equal chance behind the plate so far this season, and it is paying off, even if it’s not the logical way to deploy the catchers.
Brewers: 5 Ways to Help Jonathan Villar Hit Again | Tim Muma, Dairyland Express
Jonathan Villar has been struggling at the plate to start the season, and here are some potetnial ways to get him back on track.
MEET THE CARDINALS: Views from the Cellar | Travis Sarandos, Disciples of Uecker
Another series preview on the Cardinals as they come to Miller Park.
Miller Park Homestand Highlights: April 20-30 | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
The Brewers are at home for ten straight games, and there’s plenty going on during this homestand.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 9-3
- Thursday: Memphis @ Colorado Springs | PPD Rain
- Friday: Memphis @ Colorado Springs | 5:30 pm (DH)
- Saturday: Nashville @ Colorado Springs | 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Nashville @ Colorado Springs | 2:30 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 6-8
- Thursday: Biloxi 0, Chattanooga 3
- Friday: Biloxi @ Chattanooga | 6:15 pm
- Saturday: Jackson @ Biloxi | 6:35 pm
- Sunday: Jackson @ Biloxi | 1:05 pm
Carolina Mudcats (A+) | 6-7
- Thursday: Buies Creek 14, Carolina 1
- Friday: Buies Creek @ Carolina | 6:00 pm
- Saturday: Buies Creek @ Carolina | 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Buies Creek @ Carolina | 1:00 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 7-7
- Thursday: Peoria 8, Wisconsin 11
- Friday: Peoria @ Wisconsin | 6:35 pm
- Saturday: Peoria @ Wisconsin | 1:05 pm
- Sunday: Peoria @ Wisconsin | 1:05 pm
Check out our prospect reports for more information on minor league performances.
News and Notes
Frosty Microbrews: Pitchers build up to a long year | Kyle Lobner, TimberRattlers.com
Pitchers coming into Class A Wisconsin have a tough task ahead of them, as they are pitching a full season for the first time in their careers.
Ramirez Aims to be Dual-Threat for Brewers | Miller Park Prospects
Nick Ramirez is continuing his transition to pitcher in Biloxi, but is also hoping to maintain some power at the plate.
NL Central Updates
- Orioles 2, Reds 1
- Cubs and Pirates had the day off.
This Weekend’s Games
Yankees @ Pirates
- Friday: CC Sabathia vs. Tyler Glasnow | 6:05 pm
- Saturday: Michael Pineda vs. Jameson Taillon | 3:05 pm
- Sunday: Jordan Montgomery vs. Ivan Nova | 12:35 pm
Cubs @ Reds
- Friday: Jon Lester vs. Tim Adleman | 6:10 pm
- Saturday: Jake Arrieta vs. Cody Reed | 12:10 pm
- Sunday: John Lackey vs. Bronson Arroyo | 12:10 pm
This Weekend’s Action
Brewers @ Cardinals
- Friday: Adam Wainwright vs. Wily Peralta | 7:10 pm
- Saturday: Lance Lynn vs. Chase Anderson | 6:10 pm
- Sunday: Mike Leake vs. Jimmy Nelson | 1:10 pm