Brewers 3, Padres 1
Brewers 4, Brewers 2
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Paolo Espino was scratched from today’s start for Colorado Springs... | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
Wily Peralta moved to the Milwaukee Brewers bullpen | -JP-, BCB
Paolo Espino to start against Cubs on Friday, make MLB debut for Milwaukee Brewers | Jaymes L, BCB
Milwaukee Brewers option Brent Suter back to AAA | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB FanShot
Scouting Paolo Espino, today’s starter for the Milwaukee Brewers | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
It was a long string of news that led to where we are today. First, Paolo Espino was scratched from his start with the Sky Sox on Wednesday. Then, Craig Counsell announced that Wily Peralta would be moving to the bullpen, effective immediately. It looked like this meant Espino would be the Brewers new starting pitcher, and that was confirmed on Thursday. The Brewers optioned Brent Suter back to Triple-A to clear the roster space for him, and Espino was officially added to the roster today. In preparation of his first start, a scouting report is available for him.
The continuing evolution of Jimmy Nelson | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
After a rough 2016, Jimmy Nelson is working to get himself back on track, and has shown some development this year.
Series Preview: Milwaukee Brewers @ Chicago Cubs | Jaymes L, BCB
The Brewers are in first place and heading for a series in Chicago. Did you think you would say that at this point in the season?
He's "just a guy"... so does that mean he has no future at the MLB level? | justthestatsman, BCB FanPost
Many players get listed as “just a guy”, but what does that really mean for these players?
BCB Tracking Poll - Results for Week 7 | aaronetc, BCB
Even though the results are a bit skewed from some of the results this week, here are the results from this week’s tracking poll.
Links from Other Sites
Garza a bright spot in Brewers' rotation | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Matt Garza has been one of the few bright spots for the Brewers rotation this year, which is a bright sign after some of his previous struggles.
Milwaukee Brewers: Corey Knebel Among MLB’s Elite Relievers | Tim Muma, Dairyland Express
Corey Knebel has turned into a weapon for the Brewers, placing himself among some of the elite relievers in the game.
The Brewers’ Weakness Thus Far | Dylan Svoboda, BP Milwaukee
Though the pitching staff has had its share of struggles this season, the biggest culprit for their struggles could be their defense.
Villar’s Pick-Offs | Nathan DeSutter, BP Milwaukee
Getting picked off base has been a problem for Jonathan Villar, and he’s already on track for a bad record.
One stat that explains why Eric Thames is for real | Justin Schultz, The First Out At Third
Many people are questioning whether or not Thames’ production is sustainable, but there’s one stat that could back up it being sustained.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 23-13
- Wednesday: Colorado Springs 4, El Paso 2
- Thursday: Colorado Springs 1, El Paso 4
- Friday: Colorado Springs @ Albuquerque | 8:05 pm
- Saturday: Colorado Springs @ Albuquerque | 8:05 pm
- Sunday: Colorado Springs @ Albuquerque | 2:35 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 22-19
- Wednesday: Mississippi 1, Biloxi 4
- Thursday: Chattanooga 3, Biloxi 9
- Friday: Chattanooga @ Biloxi | 6:35 pm
- Saturday: Chattanooga @ Biloxi | 6:35 pm
- Sunday: Chattanooga @ Biloxi | 1:05 pm
Carolina Mudcats (A+) | 21-19
- Wednesday: Down East 5, Carolina 7
- Thursday: Down East 5, Carolina 7
- Friday: Carolina @ Winston-Salem | 6:00 pm
- Saturday: Carolina @ Winston-Salem | 5:30 pm
- Sunday: Carolina @ Winston-Salem | 1:00 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 18-19
- Wednesday: Clinton 1, Wisconsin 2
- Thursday: Cedar Rapids 6, Wisconsin 3
- Friday: Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin | 6:35 pm
- Saturday: Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin | 6:35 pm
- Sunday: Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin | 1:05 pm
Check out our prospect reports for more information on minor league performances.
Milwaukee Brewers Daily Prospect Report: Wednesday, May 17
Milwaukee Brewers Daily Prospect Report: Thursday, May 18
News and Notes
Milwaukee Brewers will reportedly sign 17 year old Ernesto Martinez, Jr. | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The Brewers are making one more addition in the current international signing period, signing 17-year old Ernesto Martinez, Jr. to a deal with a $925,000 bonus.
NL Central Updates
- Nationals 1, Pirates 6
- Reds 5, Cubs 7
- Red Sox 5, Cardinals 4
- Nationals 4, Pirates 10
- Reds 5, Cubs 9
- Cardinals had the day off.
This Weekend’s Games
Phillies @ Pirates
- Friday: Jeremy Hellickson vs. Trevor Williams | 6:05 pm
- Saturday: Vince Velasquez vs. Ivan Nova | 3:05 pm
- Sunday: Aaron Nola vs. Chad Kuhl | 12:35 pm
Rockies @ Reds
- Friday: Tyler Anderson vs. Lisalverto Bonilla | 6:10 pm
- Saturday: Antonio Senzatela vs. Tim Adleman | 3:10 pm
- Sunday: Kyle Freeland vs. Bronson Arroyo | 12:10 pm
Giants @ Cardinals
- Friday: Matt Moore vs. Michael Wacha | 7:15 pm
- Saturday: Jeff Samardzija vs. Carlos Martinez | 6:15 pm
- Sunday: Matt Cain vs. Adam Wainwright | 1:15 pm
Brewers @ Cubs
- Friday: Paolo Espino vs. Eddie Butler | 1:20 pm
- Saturday: Chase Anderson vs. Jake Arrieta | 1:20 pm
- Sunday: Jimmy Nelson vs. John Lackey | 1:20 pm