Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
The Brewers have been using alignments with multiple infielders in their outfield since Braun went back on the DL, and could use another outfielder on the team right now.
The Brewers were on the receiving end of some more unusual moments in the Brewers-Mets series, such as Mr. Met making an obscene gesture and a bat boy interfering with a play.
Eric Thames gets another "random" drug test | -JP-, BCB FanShot
After Wednesday’s game, where Eric Thames hit his first home run in three weeks, a drug tester was waiting for him.
BCB Tracking Poll - Results for Week 9 | aaronetc, BCB FanPost
A look at the results from week 9 of the tracking poll.
Links from Other Sites
Crew making good on intention to stand up | Mark Feinsand, Brewers.com
As the Brewers enter June, they are making good on their intention to contend as they currently hold the NL Central lead.
Park Factors and Other Early-Season Statcast Fun | Tony Blengino, FanGraphs
Miller Park is retaining its reputation as a hitter-friendly park this season, but it’s also becoming a much more friendly place to hit doubles.
Counts with Guerra | Nathan DeSutter, BP Milwaukee
One of Junior Guerra’s problems has been getting behind in the count, where the batter has more of an advantage over him.
What Should the Brewers do with Matt Garza? | Seth Victor, BP Milwaukee
With the Brewers competing and Matt Garza pitching relatively well, holding on to him for now may be the Brewers best move.
Bandy-Maldonado or Win-Win | Nicholas Zettel, BP Milwaukee
The Jett Bandy-Martin Maldonado trade is looking like a win-win, as the value that the Brewers gave up by trading Maldonado is going to be made up by Bandy’s additional years of control.
Abel Knebel | Joe Posnaski, Joe Blogs
Corey Knebel has dominated since taking over the closer’s role, bringing an arsenal that is very tough to hit.
Orlando Arcia still isn’t hitting, but… | Justin Schultz, The First Out At Third
While Orlando Arcia’s numbers are still low, there’s some hope that he could get to being a league-average hitter, which would be valuable paired with his defense.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 29-20
- Wednesday: Off Day
- Thursday: Colorado Springs 6, Oklahoma City 3
- Friday: Colorado Springs @ Oklahoma City | 7:05 pm
- Saturday: Colorado Springs @ Oklahoma City | 7:05 pm
- Sunday: Colorado Springs @ Oklahoma City | 2:05 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 28-25
- Wednesday: Mobile @ Biloxi (PPD Rain)
- Thursday: Mobile 1, Biloxi 5
- Thursday: Mobile 1, Biloxi 2
- Friday: Mobile @ Biloxi | 6:35 pm
- Saturday: Mobile @ Biloxi | 6:35 pm
- Sunday: Biloxi @ Mississippi | 5:00 pm
Carolina Mudcats (A+) | 29-24
- Wednesday: Carolina 9, Buies Creek 8
- Thursday: Carolina 6, Buies Creek 3
- Friday: Carolina @ Buies Creek | 6:00 pm
- Saturday: Carolina @ Buies Creek | 5:00 pm
- Sunday: Winston-Salem @ Carolina | 1:00 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 23-28
- Wednesday: Wisconsin 5, Peoria 7
- Thursday: Wisconsin 4, Peoria 8
- Friday: Beloit @ Wisconsin | 7:05 pm
- Saturday: Beloit @ Wisconsin | 7:05 pm
- Sunday: Beloit @ Wisconsin | 1:05 pm
DSL Brewers | 0-0
- Saturday: DSL Mets2 @ DSL Brewers | 9:30 am
- Sunday: Off Day
DSL Indians/Brewers | 0-0
- Saturday: DSL Indians/Brewers @ DSL Astros Orange | 9:30 am
- Sunday: Off Day
Check out our prospect reports for more information on minor league performances.
News and Notes
Milwaukee Brewers 2017 MLB Draft Preview: College Hitters | Brad Ford, BCB
As the draft inches closer, here are some of the college hitters that could find their way to Brewers prospect status in this year’s draft.
To Friends He’s Known As Corbin, But to You It’s Mr. Burnes | Colin Anderle, BP Milwaukee
Corbin Burnes is pitching his way more and more into the Brewers plans with several strong performances in 2017, enough to get him a midseason promotion to Biloxi.
18 former All-Stars to serve as Draft reps | Mark Newman, MLB.com
Corey Hart and Gord Ash will represent the Brewers this year at the MLB Draft.
NL Central Updates
- Diamondbacks 6, Pirates 5
- Reds 4, Blue Jays 5
- Cubs 1, Padres 2
- Dodgers 1, Cardinals 2
- Dodgers 0, Cardinals 2
- Cubs, Pirates, and Reds had the day off.
This Weekend’s Games
Cardinals @ Cubs
- Friday: Lance Lynn vs. John Lackey | 1:20 pm
- Saturday: Mike Leake vs. Jon Lester | 1:20 pm
- Sunday: Michael Wacha vs. Kyle Hendricks | 6:35 pm
Braves @ Reds
- Friday: Mike Foltynewicz vs. Bronson Arroyo | 6:10 pm
- Saturday: R.A. Dickey vs. Scott Feldman | 3:10 pm
- Sunday: Julio Teheran vs. Lisalverto Bonilla | 12:10 pm
Pirates @ Mets
- Friday: Gerrit Cole vs. Matt Harvey | 6:10 pm
- Saturday: Tyler Glasnow vs. Robert Gsellman | 6:15 pm
- Sunday: Trevor Williams vs. Tyler Pill | 12:10 pm
This Weekend’s Games
Dodgers @ Brewers
- Friday: Clayton Kershaw vs. Jimmy Nelson | 7:10 pm
- Saturday: Rich Hill vs. Matt Garza | 3:10 pm
- Sunday: Kenta Maeda vs. Zach Davies | 1:10 pm (MLB.TV Free Game)