Here is today’s roundup of news from Brewers camp.
- As Keon Broxton came into camp this year, he knows he is in a tough position as the Brewers outfield acquisitions place him lower on the depth chart.
- Almost all players are in camp now, with just Orlando Arcia and Ryan Braun missing so far. Position players are not required to report until Monday, though. (Adam McCalvy via Twitter)
- Josh Hader made an appearance on MLB Network Radio yesterday, where he had high praise for Domingo Santana and Corey Knebel. (Brewers via Twitter)
- Though the spring training broadcast schedule has not been officially announced yet, one fan found that the Fox Sports website had broadcast dates listed. (Adam McCalvy via Twitter)
- In bullpen sessions yesterday, Corbin Burnes showed off how fast he likes to work on the mound. (Adam McCalvy via Twitter)
- Wade Miley is in camp trying to earn a job, and has been working hard to fix some flaws in his delivery. (Tom Haudricourt via JSOnline)
- Lorenzo Cain wanted to return to Milwaukee, and the feeling was mutual from the Brewers. (Tom Haudricourt via JSOnline)
- Meanwhile, back in Milwaukee, the Arctic Tailgate took place yesterday morning, with fans lining up to buy single-game tickets. (Brewers via Twitter)
- Three big moves happened on the market last night: Eric Hosmer got an eight-year, $144 million deal from the Padres (with an opt-out after five years), Jake Odorizzi was traded from the Rays to the Twins, and Corey Dickerson was designated for assignment.