Ever since Rob Manfred took over as commissioner of Major League Baseball, pace of play has been one his hot-button issues. Pitch clocks, limiting mound visits and pitching changes, and a ban on shifting are among the various resolutions that he’s discussed, but one possible solution that has been mentioned harkens back to a bygone era of the game...
It might not make actually make dramatic difference in how fast a baseball game is played, but bullpen carts were sure a heck of a lot of fun as they’d transport relievers from their warm up in the ‘pen out to the mound. And as it happens, the Brewers had one of the best relievers in baseball last year: All-Star closer Corey Knebel, who set a record in 2017 for most consecutive appearances with a strikeout to start a season. He also posted a 1.78 ERA in 76.0 innings while saving 39 games and whiffing batters at a rate of nearly 15 K/9.
In honor of Knebel and the possibility of the league bringing back the bullpen cart, the folks over at Breaking T have designed this outstanding shirt for Brewers’ fans:
- Bringing the old-school Milwaukee bullpen cart back to take Corey Knebel to the mound in style.
- Officially licensed product of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
- White and yellow print on a super-comfortable blue tee.
- Premium, lightweight blended crewneck (60% cotton/40% polyester). Durable, yet ultra-soft.
- Unisex sizing with a snug fit. Men should size up; women should size down.
- Designed by Derek Yoder.
- Screened in the USA.
The cost of the shirt is $25 plus shipping, but if you place an order of $50 or more through Breaking T’s website then you can get free shipping on your order. That would include Breaking T’s “THE REBUILD IS OVER” Brewers-themed shirt, too.
Follow the link to get your Corey Knebel bullpen cart t-shirt today!