We were expecting several moves today on the Milwaukee Brewers’ roster, and we have not been disappointed - at least in the number of moves. One of the changes was unexpected, though, as catcher Manny Pina has hit the disabled list.
A summary of the shuffling:
- As speculated (by me, anyways), Ryan Braun has gone on the ten day disabled list with his bad back.
- Manny Pina joins Braun on the ten day disabled list with a left biceps strain.
- Aaron Wilkerson has been optioned back to AAA Colorado Springs after his (largely successful) spot start yesterday.
- Reliever Mike Zagurski has been designated for assignment.
- Nate Orf has been recalled! This is possible with the players going on the DL, so Orf didn’t need to stay down for ten days.
- Jacob Nottingham has returned to the roster to take Pina’s spot; Erik Kratz will get the start today behind the plate.
- Corbin Burnes will make his major league debut at some point out of the Brewers’ bullpen, as he has been selected for the major league roster (and added to the forty man roster with the DFAing of Zagurski).
- And lastly, but not least, Lorenzo Cain is back on the active roster off of the disabled list in another move that was anticipated today. LoCain is starting in center and batting third.
So there you have it! Almost 20% of the active roster changed today. Just another day in the 2018 revolving door that is the Milwaukee Brewers’ 25 man roster.