This Weekend’s Results
Friday: Cardinals 9, Brewers 5
Saturday: Brewers 4, Cardinals 2
Sunday: Brewers 5, Cardinals 4
Brewers (Zach Davies) @ Reds (Tanner Roark) | 5:40 pm
This Weekend’s Games
Pirates @ Reds
- Saturday: Pirates @ Reds (Postponed Rain)
- Sunday: Pirates 5, Reds 0
Cubs @ Rangers
- Saturday: Rangers 8, Cubs 6
- Sunday: Rangers 11, Cubs 10
- Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) @ Pirates (Chris Archer) | 12:05 pm
- Cubs (Kyle Hendricks) @ Braves (Sean Newcomb) | 6:10 pm
Coverage from BCB
- Corey Knebel chooses Tommy John surgery, will miss 2019 season | Jaymes L
- Brewers Injury Updates: Cain, Shaw okay after scares; Jeffress gaining strength | Jaymes L
- Like last season, the Milwaukee Brewers need some of their bullpen arms to step up | Kyle Lesniewski
- Milwaukee Brewers continue to have discussions with Craig Kimbrel’s agent, per report | David Gibson
- Want to hit a home run against the Milwaukee Brewers? Lorenzo Cain says “Not today!” | Kyle Lesniewski
- Milwaukee Brewers circling back on Dallas Keuchel, per report | Kyle Lesniewski
- Sunday Sundries: Milwaukee Brewers Week 1 | Ben Reagan
Around the Web
Haudricourt: Don’t look for Kimbrel or Keuchel. Brewers prepared to go with what they have.
Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
If you’re looking for the Brewers to make a big addition here, it’s likely not going to happen. The Brewers have already maximized their payroll and only have money set aside for some mid-season acquisitions.
After Josh Hader turned the rare feat Saturday, here are the Brewers’ five ‘immaculate innings’
JR Radcliffe, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
With his 9 pitch, 3 strikeout performance on Sunday, Josh Hader became the fifth Brewer to throw an “immaculate inning”.
Yelich’s HR in 4th straight game ties record
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Christian Yelich became the sixth player in MLB history to hit a home run in the first four games of a season. He could become the first to hit one in the first five games of a season with a home run tonight.
Corbin Burnes, Ty Buttrey, and Steve Cishek on Developing Their Sliders
David Lauria, FanGraphs
In an interview with FanGraphs, Corbin Burnes talks about how he developed his slider.
Banged-up Brewers Bullpen Loses Knebel for the Season
Jay Jaffe, FanGraphs
With Corey Knebel lost for the year, the Brewers will have to cover the innings that he provided last year.
Brewers impose toll for Cubs fans at Miller Park
Since it’s April Fool’s Day, we’ve got to add in one satire article today. In an effort to keep Cubs fans away, the Brewers have instituted tolls for Cubs fans coming to Miller Park.