Here is your chance to play General Manager:
Although, the Brewers have already started maneuvering, please pretend that they haven’t and draft your own plan for the Brewers off season.
If you want to be realistic, please play within some salary constraints. According to Cotts, the Brewers payroll in 2023 was $118M. 2022 it was $131M. It is unlikely that the Brewers are planning to go above that total salary amount.
And if you are going to propose a trade, please try to keep it reasonable. Although not an exact science Baseball Trade Values can provide some guidance on whether the trade you want to do actually has potential.
Feel free to post your off season plan in comments or copy and paste and have your own fan post.
· Christian Yelich, OF: $136.5MM through 2028 (includes $6.5MM buyout of 2029 mutual option)
· Aaron Ashby, SP: $18.5MM through 2027 (includes $1MM buyout of 2028 club option; Brewers also hold $13MM club option for 2029 with no buyout)
· Freddy Peralta, SP: $7MM through 2024 (includes $1.5MM buyout of 2025 club option)
· Mark Canha, 1B/OF: $11.5MM club option for 2024 ($2MM buyout)
· Wade Miley, SP: $10MM mutual option for 2024 ($1MM buyout)
· Andrew Chafin, RP: $7.25MM club option for 2024 ($725K buyout)
· Justin Wilson, RP: $2.5MM club option for 2024 ($150K buyout)
Arbitration-Eligible Players (projected 2024 salaries via MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz)
· Brandon Woodruff (5.161): $11.6MM
· Willy Adames (5.105): $12.4MM
· Corbin Burnes (5.049): $15.1MM
· Adrian Houser (5.010): $5.6MM
· Rowdy Tellez (5.004): $5.9MM
· Eric Lauer (4.111): $5.2MM
· Hoby Milner (4.068): $1.7MM
· Devin Williams (4.056): $6.5MM
· Tyrone Taylor (3.093): $1.7MM
· Bryse Wilson (3.036): $1.3MM
· Joel Payamps (3.027): $1.7MM
· Abraham Toro (3.011): $1.3MM
· Non-tender candidates: Lauer, Tellez, Toro
(Information provided by MLB Trade Rumors)
Then there are roster decisions and trade potential amongst the rest of the Brewers roster.